Friday, July 30, 2010

Slim pickens.

"Let Go"
30" x 40"
acrylic on canvas
2010

Okay, so most of the painting I have done this summer, due to unforeseen events, has been for MacKenzie-Childs LLC. I do have this one, lowly painting, completed between the months of June and July to share...
Detail shots:



This is was the culmination of the earlier sketches, based on the idea of expelling unnecessary/harmful cyclical thought.

Blah blah blah.

Now I shall distract the audience from my slackerdom by a reminder that I used to paint really creepy stuff in the year of our Lord 2004:
I don't even remember what this painting was titled. And it scares the crap out of me. But someone bought it! (Bonus!)
(I see this, and all I hear is a static-y black-and-white horror film soundtrack in my mind)
 "Baked Beans"
(what the hell is up with that title?)
dimensions not committed to memory
acrylic on canvas
"Dyshonesty/Dysfunction"
dimensions not committed to memory
acrylic, oil and spray-paint on slashed canvas

I really hope that whatever I was going through at the time never happens again.
>the end<

P.S.
painting soundtrack for "Let Go":
Roxy Music: "Avalon", "Country Life", and "Siren"
Really into Roxy these days.  Mmmm... Bryan Ferry.

Gotta love that stupid thing he's wearing in lieu of a necktie.

YESSSS!!!!
Oh, and some Chopin to boot.




No comments:

Post a Comment